1% [3 głosów]

Intel/AMD/VIA
Intel/AMD/VIA
1% [5 głosów]

Żaden z powyższych
Żaden z powyższych
4% [15 głosów]

Ogółem głosów: 416
Musisz zalogować się, aby móc zagłosować.
Rozpoczęto: 02/02/2015 09:38
Twoje IP
Zobacz wątek
OpenLinksys » :: OPROGRAMOWANIE :: » Tomato - firmware
 Drukuj wątek
VPN and Portforwarding UPnP or otherwise
trpted
REF https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32875392-VPN-and-Portforwarding-UPnP-or-otherwise

-- ISO 639-1: EN, 639-2/T, 639-2/B, 639-3: eng --

I got this feedback.

Cytat

Cytat

But what if you are the VPN Client, would you need to forward the ports (UPnP or otherwise) to connect to the VPN Server?

VPN client --> router/firewall #1 --"the internet"--> router/firewall #2 --> VPN server

On router/firewall #2, definitely I'd expect port forwarding to be required.

On router/firewall #1, "depends what it is and how it is set up." An hxxp://192.168.x.x idiot box wouldn't care. But get something that does a "default deny" firewall policy, then something needs to be setup.

The question(s) I have you guys/gals/people is/are:

#1 Is Tomato firmware an hxxp://192.168.x.x idiot box?

#2 Does Tomato firmware firmware have "default deny" firewall policy?

Please and thank you.

Since I do not read/type Polish, this is powered by Google Translate.

-- ISO 639-1: PL, 639-2/T, 639-2/B, 639-3: POL --

Otrzymałem tę opinię.

Cytat

Cytat

Ale co jeśli jesteś klientem VPN, czy musisz przekierować porty (UPnP lub w inny sposób), aby połączyć się z serwerem VPN?

Klient VPN -> router / firewall nr 1 - RinternetR1; -> router / firewall nr 2 -> serwer VPN

Na routerze / zaporze nr 2 zdecydowanie spodziewałbym się, że przekierowanie portów będzie wymagane.

Na routerze / zaporze nr 1 Rzależy od tego, co to jest i jak jest skonfigurowaneR1;. Idiota box hxxp: //192.168.x.x nie obchodzi. Ale zdobądź coś, co wykonuje zasadę zapory ogniowej Rdomyślna odmowaR1;, a następnie coś trzeba skonfigurować.

Pytanie (a), które mam wam, chłopaki / ludzie, to / są:

# 1 Czy oprogramowanie Tomato to idiotyczne pudełko hxxp: //192.168.x.x?

# 2 Czy oprogramowanie układowe Tomato ma politykę zapory sieciowej Rdefault denyR1;?

Proszę i dziękuję.

PS. Ponieważ nie czytam / nie piszę po polsku, jest to obsługiwane przez Tłumacza Google.
Edytowany przez trpted dnia 15-09-2020 23:01

qwerty321
What do you mean idiot box? You don't need to translate, we speak English :-)
Incoming policy is deny by default but outgoing is in allow mode but you can always switch the policy and set iptables yourself.
You can also switch to the deny directly creating a rule in the gui. Please explain what do you want to achieve...

trpted

Cytat

qwerty321 napisał(a):

What do you mean idiot box?

They replied saying

Cytat

Speaking for myself only, my very narrow definition and use of "An hxxp://192.168.x.x idiot box" is a piece of kit mass produced by the likes of DLINK, LINKSYS, BELKIN, et al for the "I'm not technical!" user running the original manufacturer's stock firmware.

However I am not sure if that is correct meaning or not.

Cytat

qwerty321 napisał(a):

You don't need to translate, we speak English :-)

Sorry I thought I did since the site is in Polish.

Cytat

qwerty321 napisał(a):

You can also switch to the deny directly creating a rule in the gui. Please explain what do you want to achieve...

#1 I hate false/misleading info and would like the truth.

#2 I am sure that there others like me in regards to what I just said above.

#3 Once I know the truth I am plan on sharing feedback to my source of why I started that DSLR thread in the first place.

REF = https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/p/tomato.html

Cytat

Some configuration tips

d. Connecting with a VPN
You might need to connect to a VPN (for example, from your home to your office). In that case, you may have to enable Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) in your router:
Port Forwarding - UPnP/NAT-PMP
Check: Enable UPnP
Click Save and reboot your router.

Note: this isn't always necessary. Try it without UPnP first.

Połączony z 17 września 2020 01:51:03:
While I no longer can re-edit my post, I point to and quote part of https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32878382-What-is-a-hxxp-192-168-x-x-idiot-box to the reply by DSLR user mackey (#1479488 )

Cytat

It just refers to a device that does not need any configuration when installed, you just plug it in and turn it on ("so simple even an idiot could do it!"). Usually (but not always) any configuration it does offer is really dumbed down and limited.

Edytowany przez trpted dnia 17-09-2020 01:51

qwerty321
Tomato is not an idiot box by your definition :-) You need at least a fraction of brain to set it up. It is definitely configured to make wan to lan nat 192.168.1.1/24 and I think there is a chance when you plug it in it might work this way :-) All other similarities end here. By definition it is prepared for easy configuration, you don't need to telnet to it to set an initial addressing prior to any configuration. Wifi will be open so you have to know what to do. There are plenty of other settings nowhere seen in OFW. This is definitely a VPN for your office and in fact you really need scripting skills. Try it for yourself, it is in English :-)

Regarding UPnP - never use it for security reasons, you can open ports manually.

Przejdź do forum
Zaloguj
Wprowadź adres e-mail lub nazwę użytkownika

Hasło

Nie masz jeszcze konta? Zarejestruj się.

Zapomniałeś/aś hasła?
Aktualnie online
· Gości online: 12

· Użytkowników online: 0

· Łącznie użytkowników: 24,117
· Najnowszy użytkownik: Ja
Czat
Musisz się zalogować, aby opublikować wiadomość.

tamtosiamto
28-03-2024 23:24
tak, tak zgadza sie, ale ja pytam o wykluczenie noda na guest network w first set, i to nie dziala

Adooni
24-03-2024 13:16
Guest network is currently designed to allow the first set of each band (2.4G, 5G, 5G-1) available to the AiMesh node

tamtosiamto
24-03-2024 03:03
ale w 1 jest opcja do wyboru - dla calej sieci albo rutera only i wlasnie o tym mowie, ze nie dziala

Adooni
23-03-2024 16:31
w dokumencie asusa jest ze wlasnie dla 1 ma dzialac na nodach tez

tamtosiamto
23-03-2024 15:39
tak, ale nie zmienia to faktu, ze w pierwszej nie dziala wylaczanie aimesh dla goscinnej( a powinno), czyli jest jakis bug. Mam start soft, bo to dsl-ac68 ktory nie jest juz updateowany

Adooni
22-03-2024 18:07
nie, 1 wsza bedzie wszedzie trzeba 2ga zrobic dla kazdego pasma te nie sa przenoszone

tamtosiamto
19-03-2024 19:57
czyli jak mam jedna siec goscinna to powinno dzialac separowanie gosci od noda -a nie dziala Smile

tamtosiamto
19-03-2024 19:50
@Adooni 'Only one set is available for 1 band' i tak mam-1 set dla 2.4ghz i 1 dla 5ghz-czy czegos nie rozumiemW drugiej sieci goscinnej nie ma opcji wyboru Ruter only/ All nodes

Adooni
19-03-2024 19:14
no to przeczytaj to 2 pod - 1 stet z kazdego pasma jest dopuszczony na nody. zrob 2 siec jako goscinna na danym pasmie i wtedy sprawdz

tamtosiamto
19-03-2024 14:17
@Adooni 'Guest network on AiMesh - Router only'

70,440,975 unikalnych wizyt